Take a minute and think about WHY you chose to plan a destination wedding / elopement.
For some, it's the place where their S.O proposed.
For some, it's the place that holds special memories for them as a couple.
For some, it's the EPIC shots that are totally unlike any of their friends.
For some, it's somewhere n e w that they can experience together.
No matter the reason, YOU CHOSE ZION / SOUTHERN UTAH for a reason (mostly because it's magical) but also because you wanted to e x p e r i e n c e something truly unforgettable, epic, and unique.
This is your big day, but it's more than that.....
When you're in Southern Utah, I want you to experience the best of the best so here is a quick list of my top recommendations for while you're in town:
1. Zion - Obviously! I love the iconic trails such as the narrows and Angel's Landing but the Zion Canyon Overlook is another fav. I also HIGHLY recommend exploring the canyon on an e-bike. SO. MUCH. FUN! Pro tip: If you don't explore via e-bike, make sure you check out the new shuttle ticketing system! You have to have a shuttle ticket to get into the park and they are sold ahead of time on specific dates. Check out the parks website for details!
2. UTV rides through the sand dunes at Sand Hollow State Park. Adrenaline Junkies, this one is for you. You would never guess that there are crazy sand dunes in southern Utah but they are beautiful and can only be accessed by an off-road vehicle.
3. Dinner at Cliffside Restaurant! I love the four cheese pear pasta (add chicken!) and they have the best view in St. George
4. Coffee / treats at Feel Love Coffee.... they have vegan and gluten free options as well!
5.Snow Canyon State Park - this is another one of our stunning state parks and the petrified sand dunes are super impressive.
6. See a broadway style show at Tuacahn Outdoor Ampitheater! Hear me out even if theater isn't your thing.... this is the most incredible venue with the backdrop set up against the red rock canyon walls. Their productions are phenomenal and one of the first things I ever did on a weekend girls trip to St. George before I moved here. Their shows run seasonable from May to October but they also have fun indoor shows, concerts, and other performances outside of those dates. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out!
7. Dinner at Oscars in Springdale, Utah. I am partial to their shrimp tacos. Can't beat that with a margarita!
8. Tubing down the virgin river - epic views in a tube? Yes, please! There are places in Virgin, Utah that you can rent a tube from and they transport you to the river and back to your vehicle. Definitely a great way to beat the heat.
9. Via Ferrata in Kolob Canyon - this hiking adventure is truly unique and the views are breathtaking. Scale the canyon walls with the security of safety cables and iron rungs.... seriously so much fun and it's definitely a one-of-a-kind experience!
10. Fort Zion - this little stop along the way to Zion National Park is a great spot to grab homemade ice cream and all the touristy trinkets to take home.
This is my home, y'all. I am blown away every single day that people choose a location in my backyard to get married at and am so grateful to the brides who allow me to help execute + preserve their unique love story and unforgettable destination wedding experience.
P.S If you're looking for some activities in Vegas.... LET ME KNOW! I am there all. the. time (hello, long distance relationship!) so I have lots of recommendations for fun things to do (off the strip) in that area too.